Racing fans have a slew of new options today in GTA Online, thanks to the new Cunning Stunts update. It brings 16 new stunt races, 13 new vehicles, and much more to the game, in advance of a suite of creative tools designed to bring out your inner stuntman coming in early August.
Rockstar says that new vehicles and races will be coming every week, so you might want to hit the road (and skies) today and warm up your tires. The Cunning Stunts update adds new racing blips to your in-game radar, to make it easy to jump into a race. The races themselves are split between stunt races and high-stakes premium races.
You can check out the complete details below, straight from Rockstar.
16 Rockstar-created Stunt Races will debut with the launch of Cunning Stunts on July 12. Races will run the gamut with unique locations across San Andreas and feature harrowing heights, incredible speeds and a dazzling spectacle of fireworks, lights, sounds, and stomach-churning twists and turns. Rockstar-created Stunt Races at launch include:
- Maze Bank Ascent
- Racing Alley
- Over and Under
- Downtown Loop
- Vinewood Downhill
- Canyon Crossing
- Threading the Needle
- City Air
- Trench I
- East Coast
And keep an eye out for weekly drops with new races and vehicles.
Stunt Series and Premium Races
Cunning Stunts brings with it the release of both a new Stunt Series and Premium Races.
The Stunt Series aims to keep players racing together and reduce overall downtime. All Stunt Race blips on the map now direct players to the same active Stunt Series. The Stunt Series is a sequence of Rockstar-created Stunt Races on an automatic refresh timer. Players can approach any Stunt Race corona and match-make into the current Active Race, or go on call to continue cruising in Free Mode until the Active Race is ready to launch.
When the race is completed players can use the Next Job Vote Screen to vote to play another race in the Active Series. Players can also manually queue into any race in the current Race Series using the in-game phone’s Quick Job option, regardless of the Active Race.
Premium Races are high stakes, winner-takes-all events that require a $ 20,000 buy in from all participating players. The winner receives the entire combined cash pool ($ 100,000) while second through last place finishers do not receive GTA$ payout. All players are rewarded with triple RP for completing a Premium Race, even players who DNF.
Premium Races launch with eight players, no more or less. Players who win a Premium Race must wait one in-game day (48 minutes) before entering again.
There is only ever one active Premium Race at any time and to help keep the competition sharp, players are required to own specific vehicle or vehicle within a designated class to participate. Due to the nature of Premium Races, the lobbies operate differently from a normal race. No player is designated Host; lobby options are removed; invites are not allowed; no betting options; and all players are returned to Free Mode at the completion of the race.
(Please visit the site to view this media)
Stunt Race Creator (August 2nd)
Brand-new Creator specifically for the Stunt Race Category. Using the Stunt Race Creator, players can layer Stunt Props to build their own custom race. This robust Creator gives players the tools to design and build spectacular heart-stopping races. With access to hundreds of props and new race modifiers players can build a race limited only by their imagination.
- Players can now use up to 150 props per race
- Stunt Props snap together to allow seamless positioning
- Speed Strip Props to provide speed boosts or slow vehicles down
- Option to allow vehicles with speed boosts
- Secondary Checkpoints: Split players in a race and send them in two different directions
- Circular Checkpoints: Similar to those found in Air Races, helpful for checkpoints inside tubes
- Fireworks Placement: Players have the option to place fireworks to trigger at certain times during a race
- Audio Props: Audio-emitting props that players can tune to trigger specific sounds at certain ranges
- Animated Props: moving signs, rotating tubes, and more
- RP Bonus for performing stunts such as flips, 180s, 360s, etc during a Stunt Race
Props are the building blocks of Stunt Races. They are easy-to-use, snappable structures such as ramps, loops, wall rides, tubes, raised tracks, and dynamic objects such as oversized soccer balls and bowling pins that allow for over-the-top, unpredictable racing. From subtle flourishes like a perfectly placed ramp or wall ride to elaborately designed spectacles featuring flaming rings, steep drops, and dizzying loops, Stunt Props offer players tremendous creative freedom to design wholly unique races.
Prop categories include:
- Stunt Set Pieces: Single, Half, and Multi-loops; Small and Large Spirals; Wall Rides and Wall Ride Spirals
- Stunt Tubes: Variations of tubes including Short, Medium, Long, and Forked; Rotating Tubes, Speed Boost Tubes, and more
- Stunt Ramps: Collection of ramps ranging from Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL, Giant, and Quarter Pipes
- Stunt Raised Track: Collection of Straights, Turns, Forks, U-turns, Funnels, and more to create tracks high above the streets
- Stunt Track: Various track pieces with rumble strips, caution areas, and other racing flourishes
- Stunt Special: Speed Boosts, Slow Downs, Fireworks, Targets, Landing Zones, Hoop of Fire, Soccer Goal, and more
- Stunt Signs: Stop Signs, U-turn Signs, Hairpin Turn Signs, Numbered Signs, Branded Signs, and more
- Stunt Building Blocks: Blocks of various dimensions for layering and building
- Dynamic: Bowling Ball, Bowling Pins, Soccer Balls, and more
13 vehicles new to GTA Online for sale on July 12th, including:
- Annis RE-7B
- Emporer ETR1
- Progen Tyrus
- Grotti Brioso R/A
- Lampadati Tropos Rallye
- Obey Omnis
- Vapid Trophy Truck
- Vapid Desert Raid
- Nagasaki BF400 (motorcycle)
- Western Gargoyle (motorcycle)
- Pisswasser Dominator
- Burger Shot Stallion
- Redwood Gauntlet
Hundreds of new clothing and accessory options including leather jackets, bomber jackets, racing jerseys, racing jackets, helmets, hats, alongside new racing suits and stuntman suits.
Other Additions and Features
- 50 new tattoos
- New Adversary Mode Entourage
- Re-organization of the Player Interaction Menu
- Players can now select an outfit in Stunt Race lobbies or choose a default Race Outfit
- New helmet visor animations
- New idle animations while sitting on a motorcycle