DrinkBox Studios announced today that their previous PS3/Vita/PC title, Guacamelee!, is headed to the PS4, Xbox One, 360, and Wii U in the form of Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition. This enhanced port will have a new boss, content, and areas to explore. One question: how come the Vita and PS3 aren’t getting no love for this update?
Here is what’s new with this turbo deliciousness:
- Expanded Story: the main campaign gets bloated with DLC content from the original automatically included.
- New Areas: gamers will ride boats through the Canal of Flowers and feel spicy heat as they dodge lava in the new Volcano level.
- New Boss: a three-headed skeleton named The Trio of Death awaits you in the Volcano, make no bones about it.
- New Abilities: a new INTENSO combat mode awaits, as well as the delightful-sounding Chicken Bombs and Independent Dimension Swapping.
- New Enemies: elite-class baddies are itching to put Juan Aguacate in a permanent sleeper hold.
- Multiple Save Slots.
- Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks.
Want a trailer that shows off Guacamelee!‘s gorgeous artwork? Want no more!
Ryan MacLean, Co-Founder of DrinkBox Studios, had these words to share as he applied the figure four leg lock on an unsuspecting victim:
“It’s always been our plan to bring Guacamelee! to additional platforms in order to share the game’s unique world with as many gamers as possible; however, we wanted to go one step further and provide fans with new content and features. We feel that Super Turbo Championship Edition’s new levels, enemies and abilities (did somebody say explosive eggs?) will provide armchair luchadores with the richest Guac experience ever.”
Check out more Guacamelee! goodness at its website.