A lot of games are set to release this October. How will you sort though the pile and pick the gems worth playing? Let me help you. Don't worry, I'm a professional at playing games.
Chances are good that you've already settled on what games you'll be buying this season, but if you're on the fence or looking for something new, let me offer a few suggestions. As you can see, the release schedule is pretty packed. Here are the games set to release this October alone:
- Resident Evil 6 – October 2
- NBA 2K13 – October 2
- Pokémon Black & White 2 – October 7
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown – October 9
- Code of Princess — October 9
- Dishonored – October 9
- Dance Central 3 – October 16
- Skylanders: Giants – October 21
- Medal of Honor: Warfighter – October 23
- Street Fighter X Tekkan (Vita) – October 23
- Forza Horizon – October 23
- Killzone Trilogy — October 23
- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask – October 28
- Assassin's Creed III – October 30
- Assassin's Creed III: Liberation – October 30
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted – October 30
- Nike+ Kinect Training – October 30
- Sports Champions 2 – October 30
- Zone of the Enders HD Collection — October 30
- WWE 13 – October 30
What are the highlights? How do you know what not to waste your money on? If you don't want to buy 20 games next month, here are my top three picks.
Maybe this game doesn't make your list, but it should. I think the buzz for Dishonored has been a little light, which is a shame. The game has an amazing art style, a clever combat system, and an open-ended environment that sounds like be blast to explore. Check out our cover hub for more great info on the game.
#2: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
I've was fortunate enough get my hands on a final build of the game a couple weeks ago, and I've very impressed with it. I love every white-knuckled second I spend in battle, and I enjoyed the thrill of expanding my headquarters and leveling up my equipment. So far this might be my game of the year. Check out Adam's impressions after playing the first few hours, then go play the demo on Steam.
#1: Assassin's Creed III
I went back and forth on this one. I love XCOM, but if I had to pick just one game to play in October it would be Assassin's Creed. That series hasn't disappointed me yet, and everything I've seen so far tells me that this could be the biggest and most impressive entry in the series. Check out this developer documentary on Assassin's Creed III if you're not convinced.
Well that's my list. What's yours? What are you looking forward to in October? Or are you saving your money for November?